Thursday, April 14, 2011

Are you a member of the Tulsa County Cellers Club!

Seal of Oklahoma.svg

And I am not talking about a wine tasting club!  The Tulsa County Court House basement where the jury pool sits and waits to to be called up for jury selection was originally built as a storm shelter, "hence celler".

I did my civic duty by serving jury duty this week!  What a wonderful place to network!
I made sure to take lots of business cards to pass out.  There were people from all walks of life to talk to.  I also had the pleasure of meeting Julie Chin and having lunch with her, what a charming person she is!

I seem to get selected to serve jury duty every 3 to 5 years and it amazes me how many people say it is their first time and then you talk to many people out there that have never been selected!  How does that work!  I took things to read, my ipod and my ipad!  They do let you have your phones too, just have to turn them off in the courtrooms,  of Course!

All in all, it was a good experience!  And I met alot of nice people.  So remember, use it to your advantage for the networking while doing your civic duty!    Who ever knew jury duty could be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment